Mac and Cheese
1 lb. elbow macaroni
2 cups chopped onion
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour
5 cups milk
12 ounces shredded cheddar
12 ounces shredded colby jack
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1. cook macaroni according to directions on package; drain well.
2. meanwhile, cook onion in butter until tender but not brown.
3. stir in flour.
4. add milk all at once and cook until slightly thickened and bubbly
5. add shredded cheese and stir until melted
6. transfer cheese sauce to a 4 quart casserole and stir in macaroni
7. bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
8. Sprinkle bread crumbs on mac & cheese.
9. Broil on low for 5 minutes.