152.9 cubic meters of material was removed.
Half of the material came from Gaillard (Culebra) cut.
Alexander La Valley, a floating crane, made first
complete transit on January 7, 1914.
Inauguration took place on August 15, 1914 with the
transit of the SS Ancron.
On May 20, 1942, the Miraflores Swing Bridge opened.
This was the first permanent bridge for vehicles
across the canal.